Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin, Inc. (DRAW) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization inspected and licensed by the State of Wisconsin (#400312-DS) dedicated to the rescue, care and adoption of Doberman Pinschers in need. We are an all-volunteer organization comprised of individuals across the state of Wisconsin that are devoted to the breed. Our Mission - To utilize every opportunity to assist a Doberman in need, regardless of situation, age or health concerns; to ensure their health and happiness, and place them in loving forever homes; To assist and educate current Doberman owners, potential adopters and the general public on the Doberman Pinscher breed. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to assist Dobes in need. If you are ever in need of assistance related to a Doberman Pinscher, whether surrendering, adopting or just in need of information or general assistance, we would love to help.
Welcome to the Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin, Inc. website!
Thank you for considering adoption of your next family member through Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin! All applications are screened thoroughly to ensure all dogs go to loving, appropriate and compatible forever homes. After receipt of your Adoption Application a volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit, not to critique your home, but to see the home environment and answer any questions you may have. Upon completion of the home visit, background check and veterinary reference check Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin will determine whether or not a Doberman will be placed in your home. We are extremely selective in choosing adopters. We invest time, money and most importantly love and affection in these dogs. We will not adopt to anyone convicted of animal abuse, child abuse or any type of felony. Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin is comprised entirely of volunteers. We strive to keep the adoption process moving along as quickly as possible and ask for your patience during the process. We reserve the right to discontinue communication at any time and reject the application should applicant communicate in a disrespectful, threatening, profane or non-productive manner. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Ready to start the adoption process? Ready to start the process? You can access the application here!!
Please join us for the Rummage for Rescue fundraising and silent auction event on May 18, 2014 in Racine Wisconsin! All proceeds will go directly to rescue animals! Please click here for more information!
See all the Dogs!
My name is Alexis, and I am a sweetie!! I have basic manners, but would love it if you would be so kind as to teach me more. I love to play and have lots of energy. I am a true velcro dog. I can be slow to warm up to you but I just truly want s...read more about Alexis
My name is Queen!! I am a beautiful senior girl. I am well behaved and can't wait to have my new forever home. I am a gentle soul, and will do best in a home with calm and laid back owner(s) and without kids. I l...read more about Queen
Hello... I'm Romeo here. Yep, I am tall, dark and handsome! (did I mention that I am a very TALL boy??!!). True to my name I am a very sweet boy. I have the 'Doberman Lean' down perfectly. I love to play tu...read more about Romeo
* Referral Listing * Zeus is a super friendly and handsome 2 year old male with impaired vision. He would be happiest as an only dog, other than that he just longs to have a family to call his own. Zeus is currently being car...read more about Zeus
Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin, Inc. is a verified shelter of the petyourdog.com community and supports its awareness program
"A Dog's Ten Commandments"
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful remember that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
5. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.
6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out to long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.
10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.
Remember that I love you.
Do you love dogs? Have you experienced grief? Do you see magic in the mundane events in life? Nothing Ventured, an Inspiring Story About Dogs, Hope and Survival" by Pamela Lovato is one of the best books - if not the best book - you will ever read. A must-read for all Dobe owners, Dobe rescuers and folks that just love dogs in general. This book is inspirational, will bring tears to your eyes and put hope in your heart. Please click here to get your copy today!
Donate Via PayPal:
Help us by using GoodSearch!! Add the Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin GoodApp to your browser, and each time you shop or surf the internet we will receive a donation - at no extra cost to you! http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/doberman-rescue-alliance-of-wisconsin
You can also help support us by shopping on Amazon.com - We are a member of AmazonSmile! Please click here to start shopping!
Rummage for Rescue - May 18, 2014, Belle City Vet Clinic, Racine, WI
Doberman Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin Proudly Thanks our Sponsors! http://draw.rescuegroups.org/info/sponsorship
A HUGE thank you to our the Rescue Elves from Dobermantalk.com for the generous gifts to our foster dogs!!
- Camie H. - Mallori N. - Kyndall H. - Elaine G.Check out our super cool video here!
A very special thank you ...
Dodson Hollow Quilting Chaseburg, WI 608-483-2629 for the donation of the beautiful hand-made quilt!
Belle City Veterinary Hospital!!! http://bellecityvet.vetstreet.com/
John & Doris Pietrowski for your generous support!!
To Carol Z., Sharon P. and Sue A. for the beautiful hand-sewn dog beds!
Comprehensive Online Dog Resource-Dog Food, Recipes, Names, Breed Info & More:
Orijen/Champion Pet Foods
Fromm Family Gourmet Pet Foods: